Sunday 20 January 2019

My sensor had reached the point where it had had enough home cleans andwas due for a professional clean which it...


My sensor had reached the point where it had had enough home cleans and was due for a professional clean which it will get soon. I thought I'd try a method of cleaning I'd seen a few people post about but seemed a little too good to be true. Let's just say it is. It's not awful, but it leaves residue. The idea is to use 3M magic tape that is the same width as the sensor and stick it to the glass of the top filter then pull it off removing all the dirt. It does remove most of the dirt but it leaves a bit of mess behind. If you were stuck between a sensor more spotty than a leopard and some shots you really needed then give it a go. It's very fiddly and kind of successful. I'm going to have another go here but it still needs that professional clean it needed before I started but some of the bigger chunks are indeed gone now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be pleased to read your constructive comments and respond