Sunday 20 January 2019

A couple of weeks ago we had a almost complete eclipse and a resultantblood moon.


A couple of weeks ago we had a almost complete eclipse and a resultant blood moon. On that night I learned that my tripod head isn't heavy enough to hold the big 600mm lens steady enough for good sharp moon shots when a longer exposure is needed. A few days after the eclipse we had this magic full moon that I shot hand held with the same lens while stopped on the side of the road in Footscray. It just shows what a difference that some light can make. The moon itself is extremely bright and does not need a long exposure to capture it. This one is 1/1600th f/6.3 iso 3200. In hind sight I should have dropped the ISO for a cleaner image and easily could have given the shutter speed I was able to achieve. I had it up high for some other shots earlier in the evening and like a rookie didn't go back to reasonable default settings before putting the camera down. Always go back to reasonable defaults!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be pleased to read your constructive comments and respond